By: Anik Singal
Writing articles to promote your website is, hands-down, one of the best ways to get targeted traffic to your website. The best part is that this strategy builds itself over long-term.
One article you write today will continue to get you business for years and years!
Now, most people know that they need to submit that article to directories (or if you did not, you know it now). However, too many marketers miss the biggest golden nugget of them all!
Others who publish newsletters NEED your content and are looking for it. They are looking for good material for their readers. This means that your article could get featured in a huge newsletter! Imagine having a newsletter of 50,000 subscribers or even more feature your article.
Can you imagine the kind of traffic that would bring you!
Besides the traffic generation, here are 6 critical reasons you need to start submitting to Ezines immediately if you really want to build your internet business.
- You'll brand your web site, business and yourself by submitting articles to E-zines. This is done through the resource box that is added at the end of your article - this resource box allows you to have a biography of yourself and a link back to your website.
- You will become known as an expert on the topics you write about. This will give you and your business extra credibility which will help you compete against your competition. The more credibility you get, the more joint ventures and affiliates you can recruit to sell your products.
- Your article might also be placed on the publisher's home page. If they publish each issue on their home page this will give you some extra exposure. This will also help other websites find your article to re-publish.
- You might get extra exposure if the e-zine publisher archives their e-zine on their site. People might want to read the back issues before they make the decision to subscribe. This can be great if their website is search engine optimized and your article starts to come up for good keywords!
- It is possible that other e-zine publishers will publish your articles in their free e-books. Once your article is known as a re-printable article, it can start ending up everywhere!
- Are you thinking about launching a second facet to your business of consulting? Consulting is a great way to add extra income to your online ventures. When you have your articles being spread around the internet, your credibility is huge and getting great consulting clients is easy.
These are all the benefits just from submitting articles to publishers. If you can combine that strategy with submitting your articles to article directories as well, then your articles will go much further!
The benefit of submitting to directories is that the publishers come find YOU. You don't even have to beg them or "bother" them to publish your article.
Most publishers are actively looking for material for their newsletter, when they like what you write - most will contact you to let you know that they are about to publish your article.
This is the best time to reply to them and send them more of the previous articles you have written. It is not unlikely at all to have the same publisher feature you as an author multiple times a month!
So, if you have not started using articles yet - get to it! They are one of the best ways to build short-term AND long-term traffic to your websites.
This article is written by Anik Singal, Founder of MarketingSelfHelp.com. Anik Singal has developed his own industry leading 7 day course to starting your own internet business - The course is 100% FREE, just visit the link below and sign-up!
Article Source: http://www.ArticleGeek.com - Free Website Content